The Walsh Family Band have three independent recordings to their credit, in addition to a separate recording project featuring Ray and Greg Walsh completed in 2009. (see below for titles, track listings and descriptions)
All these recordings are available for purchase in many major centres around Newfoundland and Labrador including Fred's Records (Duckworth St) and O'Brien's Music Store (Water St) in St. John's, NL.
Recordings may also be purchased via this website using the Buy Now buttons below which will open a secure PayPal connection for fast and easy credit card payment and immediate shipping.
You may also purchase recordings individually or as a package directly from the band via cheque or money order using the contact information provided on this website.
All CD's are $20.00 (taxes and shipping included) and will be shipped safely and securely as soon as payment is received. Thank you!breitling replica watches, replica watches, quality replica watches
The Passing of The Years
1. The Golden Jubilee 8. Pat Murphy's Meadow
The Passing of The Years was released in 1996, and was recorded at the late Dermot O'Reilly's studio in Torbay, NL. It marked the first recording project for the Walsh Family Band and featured many family favourites the band had been playing together for years, in addition to the title track which was written by Greg Walsh in 1995.
2. Come By The Hills 9. The Wild Rover
3. Hard Hard Times 10. When You and I Were Young Maggie
4. Off to California 11. I'll Remember You Love In My Prayers
5. Cliffs of Baccalieu 12. Newfoundland Medley
6. Ned Walsh's Tunes 13. The Passing of The Years
7. After The Ball
The Music In Our Lives
1. Newfoundland Singalong 8. Rose of Clare
The band's second recording, entitled the Music In Our Lives, was released in 1997 and was in many ways, a result of the song selection involved in the first recording a year earlier. Also recorded at Piper Stock Productions in Torbay, this recording was produced by Ray Walsh and featured the band's home community of Bay de Verde prominently on the CD cover.
2. Henry My Son 9. Somebody’s Waiting For Me
3. Never Too Far From My Mind 10. Instrumental – Hundred Pipers
4. Instrumental – Irish Jigs 11. Sweet Sixteen (Now I’m 64)
5. The Dutchman 12. Bright Silvery Light of The Moon
6. Old Maid In The Garrett 13. Instrumental – NF Dance Tunes
7. Instrumental – Irish Reels 14. The Music In Our Lives
Work Upon The Water
1. The Sailor’s Set (medley) 8. Old Pal of Mine
Work Upon The Water was the band's third recording and included traditional songs from the Bay de Verde area, learned from older family members of the band's family, as well as two original compositions from Greg. This recording was produced by Ray and Greg Walsh and was recorded at Dadyeen Studios, St. John's, NL.
2. Nellie Ray 9. The Walsh Set (Hornpipe/Reel)
3. Waltzes For Anna 10. The Log Driver’s Waltz
4. True Love and Time 11. Let Him Go Let Him Tarry
5. The Roses of Prince Charlie 12. First I Courted My Love Jenny
6. Scottish Reels 13. Newfoundland Dance Medley
7. Work Upon The Water 14. Out Through My Window
1. The Lancers Tunes 9. "Playing in the Hall"
Recorded at Walsh's Hill Studio in St. John's (owned and operated by Greg Walsh), this album began with the idea to preserve and present traditional instrumental dance music from the Bay de Verde area. Traditional vocal selections and contemporary/original tracks were added later - resulting in a special collection of songs and tunes passed down through four generations performed together by Ray and Greg - father and son.
2. Ray's Reels 10. The Bears Cove Jigs
3. Thirty Days In Jail 11. Pulling Hard Against The Stream
4. The Harbour Hill Slides 12. Scottish Waltzes
5. Sunset Over Blue Cliff 13. When The Fields Are White With Daisies
6. The Boys In Blue 14. The Bay de Verde Reels
7. Irish Hornpipes/March 15. Generations
8. Waltzes For Shannon 16. The Back Kitchen Set